Perlman & Perlman attorneys advise U.S.–based nonprofits that fund or operate charitable programs overseas, as well as foreign charities seeking to raise funds or conduct programs in the United States. We apply our experience and knowledge in U.S. tax-exempt organizations law, OFAC compliance, and charitable fundraising registration and compliance to ensure that domestic and international nonprofits can operate successfully and fulfill their charitable objectives.
When U.S. charities seek to establish an international presence, we counsel them on options for structuring their relationships with foreign affiliates.
- “Friends Of” Organizations
- International Grantmaking Agreements and Policies
- International Organization Affiliations
- U.S. Fundraising Compliance
- Represented a U.S.-based parent organization as it established an independent affiliate in Vienna, Austria
- Established affiliate organizations for a large U.S. charity in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and France
- Established numerous “Friends Of” organizations in the U.S. to support foreign charities. Developed grantmaking policies and procedures to ensure compliance with U.S. law.
- Counseled U.S. charities with a presence in China and India regarding changes to their laws