We help our clients safeguard their intellectual property by counseling them on strategies for protecting and strengthening their trademark rights. We guide our clients on steps to take to secure their brand, including the organizational or business name, logos, taglines, program names, and fundraising marks. We assist clients in registering their trademarks, as well as drafting and negotiating license agreements and assignments, and handling maintenance and enforcement issues.
We also counsel on the use of copyright laws to protect original writings, designs, software, or other creative works and control how these works can be used. We handle federal copyright registration; draft and negotiate licensing agreements, publishing contracts, and royalty fees; and conduct ownership and infringement dispute resolution.
- Trademark Search and Clearance
- Federal Trademark Registration
- Review of Style Guides
- Trademark License Agreements
- Trademark Rights Enforcement and Defense
- Copyright Registration
- Copyright Ownership Rights and Usage
- Copyright Protection and Enforcement
- Copyright License Agreements
- Managed trademark registration, licensing, and enforcement for a globally recognized charitable program, including numerous trademarks used in cause marketing with major for-profit brands, international nonprofit collaborations, celebrity-driven PSA campaigns, and webstore merchandise
- Assisted a national charity through a major organizational rebranding, including trademark search and clearance of various potential new names and logos
- Assisted in registration and management of dozens of copyrights for educational publications developed by a national health organization