Perlman & Perlman’s employment law practice covers an extensive range of issues relating to an employer’s workforce and workplace. It includes all aspects of the employment relationship and related agreements, compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and employment and worker classifications.
Employment laws are constantly evolving to keep pace with changes in the economy, the workplace and societal trends. Our attorneys help employers navigate the complex legal landscape governing their workplaces by providing realistic risk assessments and creative, cost-efficient approaches to problem-solving.
- Audit of workplace practices
- Due Diligence — Mergers and Acquisitions
- Earned Sick time laws, Family and Medical Leave Act, Leaves of Absence
- Employee Handbooks and Policies
- Employment, Confidentiality, Non-competition, Non-solicitation Agreements
- Federal, State, and Local Workplace Laws
- Internal Investigations
- Litigation of Employment Matters
- Reasonable Accommodation of Disability, Religion, Pregnancy, Domestic Violence Victim Status
- Reductions-in-Force, Severance Agreements, WARN Act
- Wage and Hour Compliance Audit / Assistance
- Worker Classification
- Workplace Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation
- Workplace Training – Best Practices and Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation Prevention
- Conducted employment law compliance audits, including analysis of worker misclassification issues (independent contractor vs. employee; exempt vs. nonexempt from overtime pay laws).
- Conducted supervisor and employee trainings on preventing unlawful discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Drafted employee handbooks, employment agreements, confidentiality, non-compete/non-solicitation agreements, severance and other employment-related agreements
- Advised client regarding reduction-in-force, draft severance agreements, and advised on WARN obligations.